Wednesday October 9

Our day began with Word Problem Wednesday. Each student answered 4 word problems. Today was mostly practicing division questions and a multiplication problem. We had music and gym and then began a science activity where students did some research on a chosen plant and then created a short riddle that others will use to help identify. All the plants are native to Alberta and most can be found around Calgary and Ann and Sandy Cross. Here is an example from the teacher:


I am a light brown sphere shape.
I grow in patches. I am a fungus
that is good at stopping bleeding.
I can be put up your nose to stop
a nose bleed. I act like a bandage
if I am cut into pieces. People like
to step on me to see what happens.
When I am burned my smoke keeps
ghosts away.

Students were to find an image of their plant and then share their riddle, image and name of plant using Google Docs with their teacher.

After lunch the Challenge Book question was explaining what was their favourite season and giving reasons why. We read and discussed our novel Refugee and then responded to the question: Why do you think Waleed is so quiet and does not react very much to all the things going on in his life around him? To end the day the class had a little more time to continue finding information and writing their plant riddles.

Reminders:
- Friday is a PD day
- school pictures are due this week
- Monday is Thanksgiving
- tomorrow is Dare to Care
- Oct. 16 is new field trip date......volunteers are needed

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monday January 13

Monday December 9

Thursday January 9